Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Connie Mickelson Vogel, 1987

Connie Mickelson Vogel, 1987

Parents: Jim & Elaine Mickelson, Leavenworth
Currently: Comfrey, MN 56019
Connie remembers fondly promoting the dairy industry at parades; serving products at community events; and going to schools to speak about dairying. Connie is married to Dan Vogel. They have 3 children: Mariah, 16; Tyler, 13; and Tanner 10. Connie is employed by St. Raphael Church and School as an office manager in Springfield, her husband Dan is a farmer. To current princesses, Connie advises: “Enjoy this time of your life. I have so many wonderful memories being raised on a dairy farm. As a family, we all worked very hard together but still made time to play. The time spent doing chores, feeding the baby calves and milking the cows allowed me to spend a lot of time with my parents, my brother and my sisters. We all had a role to play on the farm. Today I continue to live on a farm and I couldn’t ask for a better way to raise my children!” Connie brags that she always buys “Real” dairy products for her family and not imitation. The only fun fact that Connie would share, is that she was scared to death whenever the farm bull got out of the pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment